Who Else Hates to Clean the Cat’s Litter Box?
I love my cats but I hate having to clean the litter box. Surely I'm not the only one. Do you hate cleaning the litter box?
One of my cats has not lived outside since she was a baby so giving her a kitty-door is out of the question. The other cat has gotten hurt the last two times he's ventured outside. They do their favorite things, which are eat and sleep. When one eats, one must poop. If the litter box is dirty, my cats are not happy. I use a clumping litter that is supposed to last for a week but that week seems to fly by and at $14 a box, we go through a lot.
TOP FIVE SIGNS THAT IT'S TIME TO CLEAN THE KITTY'S LITTER BOX OUT
- Your cat follows you to the bathroom and glares at you while you go potty
- The cats stand on the edge of the litter box and hover to go
- You can't tell there was ever any litter in the box
- Your clumping litter is one big clump
- The litter box weighs so much that the sides crack when you pick it up
I've thought about making a special outside area with sand for my cats and putting a screen around it, I think I've seen something like that before.