A&M-Texarkana to Dedicate New Student Center October 2
Texas A&M University-Texarkana will hold a ribbon cutting and dedication ceremony for the new Lois & Cary Patterson Student Center at 11AM on October 2. Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp will be speaking during the grand-opening event and the public is invited to attend.
According to a press release, the nearly 40,000 square foot facility was built through a public-private partnership and will provide students with a much-needed space to meet, study, exercise, learn, and participate in intramural sports. The new $11 million dollar facility includes:
- a regulation-sized basketball/volleyball court with retractable bleacher seating for 1,200-1,500 patrons
- a training and fitness center
- biomechanics and motor skills labs to support the university’s new Kinesiology program
- a recreation room
- Ace’s Place café featuring Starbucks Coffee
- two multi-purpose classrooms
- locker rooms
- recreational sports locker rooms
- coaches’ quarters, athletic director’s office and 12 faculty/staff offices
Tours of the new facility will be available immediately following the ceremony. For more information on the Lois & Cary Patterson Student Center at Texas A&M University-Texarkana contact Joe Sloan, Student Engagement Coordinator at 903.334.6725 or email@example.com.