Texarkana Farmers’ Market Spring Season Starts Saturday
My favorite time of year! When Farmers' Markets open up for the spring and summer seasons. Fresh vegetables and fruits. Yum! The Texarkana, Texas Farmers’ Market spring season starts this Saturday, April 21 featuring a Meet Your Farmer Day sponsored by Farmers’ Bank & Trust. The Market will open at 7AM and stay open until 12PM.
According to a press release, the spring market schedule spans a total of 15 weeks and will conclude on Saturday, July 28. Weekly market themes include Night Markets, Healthy Living Series and the annual Best Salsa in the Ark-La-Tex.
The complete Saturday schedule for the Farmers’ Market is as follows:
- April 21 – Meet Your Farmer sponsored by Farmers’ Bank & Trust
- April 28 – Cycle Day brought to you by Berridge Bikes
- May 5 – Yoga at the Market
- May 12 – Healthy Living Series with live music by Zach Yeldell and Night Market (5PM – 8PM)
- May 19 – Ask the Experts with live music by Joseph Bridges
- May 26 – Memorial Day Weekend brought to you by Grand Storage Solutions
- June 2 – Yoga at the Market and Grilling Too! Brought to you by Dot’s Ace Hardware
- June 9 – Healthy Living Series with live music by Zach Yeldell and Night Market (5:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
- June 16 – Kids Day and Sidewalk Chalk Contest
- June 23 – Summer Celebrations and 6th Green Tomato Day
- June 30 – Cycle Day brought to you by Berridge Bikes
- July 7 – Yoga at the Market
- July 14 – Healthy Living Series and Night Market (5PM – 8PM)
- July 21 – 8th Annual Biggest Tomato Contest brought to you by MidSouth Bank and Kids Day brought to you by the TMS Texarkana Discovery Place
- July 28 – 9th Annual Best Salsa in the Ark-La-Tex Contest sponsored by Farmers’ Bank & Trust
The Market is still accepting applications for additional vendors.
The Texarkana, Texas Farmers' Market is an open-air market in historic downtown Texarkana that provides an avenue for local vendors to sell their products while promoting healthy, locally grown food.
For more information, contact Holden Fleming at Holden.Fleming@txkusa.org or (903) 798-3901.