How SWEPCO Can Help Lower Your Monthly Energy Bill
Are you looking to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter without breaking the bank? Lowering your monthly energy bill is a lot easier than you think, especially when you take advantage of the energy efficiency programs offered by Southwestern Electric Power Company.
Here to help you save both energy and money, SWEPCO is committed to bringing more energy efficiency education and new technologies to their customers that exceed their expectations and better power the lives they want to live.
To achieve this goal, SWEPCO offers energy efficiency programs to help pay for energy efficient home improvements as well as a number of free home energy management tools and low-cost or no-cost energy saving tips.
10 simple tips SWEPCO recommends following in order to save energy in your home include:
- Turning down the A/C or heat when no one's home
- Unplug electronics and appliances when not in use
- Use LED light bulbs
- Wash full loads of laundry in cold water
- Clean your dryer's lint filter after each use
- Change your air filters regularly
- Caulk/ weather-strip, and insulate your windows and doors
- Wrap your water heater with a water heater blanket
- Turn off lights you're not using
- Close shades in the summer to keep your home cooler