Historic Steam Locomotive Coming to Town Tuesday Nov. 12
Do you love trains? This is one you do not want to miss! It's Union Pacific’s historic Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 and it's coming to our area tomorrow Tuesday, November 12. It's all part of the Union Pacific system commemorating the transcontinental railroad's 150th anniversary.
According to their website:
The Big Boy’s return to the rails is the product of more than two years of meticulous restoration work by the Union Pacific Steam Team. No. 4014 is the world's only operating Big Boy locomotive.
The Big Boy No. 4014 will be coming to these locations tomorrow November 12!
W Tipton St. & S West St.
|10:15 a.m. CT|
10:30 a.m. CT
100 E. Front St.
|11:30 a.m. CT|
12:15 p.m. CT
100 E. Division St.
|1:45 p.m. CT|
2:15 p.m. CT
403 W. 1st St.
|Arrival||3:00 p.m. CT|
Their website also gives some safety tips if you plan on going to see this beautiful steam engine:
Remember, trains can’t stop quickly to avoid people or vehicles on the tracks. For everyone's safety:
- A train’s distance from you and its speed can be deceiving.
- The average train overhangs the track by at least three feet – take extra precaution and stand back at least 25 feet from all railroad tracks..
- Railroad tracks, trestles, yards and right-of-way are private property – please do not trespass.
- Never assume tracks are abandoned or inactive – ALWAYS expect a train and assume tracks are active.
- Hearing protection is recommended.