FDA Warns of 5 More Toxic Hand Sanitizers to Throw Away
About a month ago you may have heard of nine hand sanitizers that are very toxic because of the ingredient methanol inside them. Well, this week the FDA has just added 5 more toxic hand sanitizers to that list.
The FDA would like for you to please check your bottles of recently purchased hand sanitizers from these brands made in Mexico.
- Bersih Hand Sanitizer Gel. Made by a company called "Soluciones Cosmeticas
- Transliquid Technologies' Mystic Shield Protection.
- Britz Hand Sanitizer, made by a company called Tropicosmeticos.
- Grupo Insoma's Hand Sanitizer Gel.
- Antiseptic Alcohol 70% Topical Solution
According to the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) using these sanitizers with methanol could cause adverse side effects including nausea, headaches, blurry vision, seizures, and blindness, or possibly even death.
Please throw these products away immediately.