Texarkana, Ark., Police Issue Speed Enforcement For March 13
The Texarkana, Ark., Police Department has issued a memorandum that it will be working the traffic enforcement area of Woodland Drive tomorrow, Friday, March 13.
Be sure and like the Texarkana, Arkansas Police Department's Facebook page for more information and updates.
Here are some tips on Safe Driving from Nationwide.com
1. Stay focused on defensive driving
- Keep 100 percent of your attention on driving at all times.
- Use defensive driving techniques and be aware of what others around you are doing and expect the unexpected.
- Don’t use a cell phone or any other electronic device while driving.
2. Practice safe driving tips
- Build time into your trip schedule to stop for food, rest breaks and phone calls or other business.
- Adjust your seat, mirrors and climate controls before putting the car in gear.
3. Prioritize car safety
- Secure cargo that may move around while the vehicle is in motion. Don't attempt to retrieve items that fall to the floor.
- Have items needed within easy reach, such as toll fees, toll cards and garage passes.
4. Make the time for driving safety
- Pull over to eat or drink. It takes only a few minutes.
- Practice defensive driving and give yourself time to react. Keep a 2 second cushion between you and the car in front of you − 4 seconds if the weather is bad.
5. Slow down
- Don't speed − it gives you less time to react and increases the severity of an accident.
6. Think safety
- Always wear your seat belt and drive sober and drug-free.