TC Offers FREE Job Training Opportunities For Laid Off Red River Army Depot Workers
Were you or someone you know laid off from Red River Army Depot or one of its contractors within the last year? Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas has partnered with Texarkana College to provide assistance and training to get you back to employment. Training programs are free to eligible dislocated workers and some courses can be completed in just a few short weeks. All programs are taught at Texarkana College and are led by experienced, professional faculty members with years of hands-on experience in their field. All courses lead to high demand occupations in our region with very competitive wages and job security.
Reserve a seat now for one of the upcoming intake events. Learn how Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas can provide you with financial assistance for the cost approved books, tuition, and training in career fields that are in need of well-trained employees for their workforce. Information sessions will be held on several different dates to meet your schedule:
Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018 // 2-4 p.m. // Greater Texarkana Workforce Center
Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 // 9-11 a.m. // Texarkana College at the new Workforce Training Center, 2500 N. Robison Road.
Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019 // 9-11 a.m. // Greater Texarkana Workforce Center
Eligible training programs include the following:
- Air Conditioning/Heating and Refrigeration
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate Degree Nursing Transition
- Automotive Technology
- Automated Office Personnel
- Business Administration, AAS
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Commercial Driver’s License/Truck Driver Training
- Computer Technology & Information Systems A+
- Computer Technology & Information Systems AAS
- Computer Technology & Information Systems Cisco Networking
- Computer Networking AAS
- Computer Technology & Information Systems Networking Admin
- Construction Technology
- Dental Assisting Program
- Diesel Technology
- Electronics Technology/Instrumentation AAS
- Electronics Technology/Basic Certificate Level One
- Electronics Technology/Advanced Certificate (Level One)
- Electrician Technology
- Licensed Vocational Nursing Certificate
- Office Careers
- Pharmacy Technician
To be eligible for the funding, you must meet the following criteria: Laid off from Red River Army Depot or one of its contractors within the last year; still be unemployed or underemployed, be a United States Citizen or legal resident alien; and, if male, be registered with the Selective Service.
You can sign up to attend one of the sessions by going online to www.learn.texarkanacollege.edu/RRAD or you can call Shannon at Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas at 903-794-4163 ext 129.