DYK: Only One East Texas School Made the Blue Ribbon List?
Congratulations are in order for the 31 Texas schools that made the Texas Blue Ribbon School list for 2022, only one of our East Texas schools made that list.
In a press release on Monday, September 19, 2022, from Texas Governor Greg Abbott, all 31 schools were listed that made the Blue Ribbon Schools list, but one jumped off the page to me... three cheers for DeKalb Elementary School!
DeKalb is the only school in East Texas to make that list for this school year. Way to go DeKalb.
According to the release, Texas leads the nation with the most 2022 National Blue Ribbon Schools, topping California and New York with 29 and 20 Blue Ribbon Schools, respectively. This recognition comes from the U.S. Department of Education and is based on a school's overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps.
“Texas is leading the nation in education because we continue to ensure our schools have the resources and support they need to foster a positive and promising future for young Texans,” said Governor Abbott. “Being recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School is a distinguished honor, and I want to congratulate the students, teachers, administrators, and parents of these 31 schools for their hard work and dedication to excellence in our schools.”
The following 31 Texas schools were recognized as 2022 National Blue Ribbon Schools:
• East Elementary School, Brownwood ISD
• Bynum School, Bynum ISD
• Claude School, Claude ISD
• All Saints Catholic School, Diocese of Dallas
• Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas, Diocese of Dallas
• School for the Talented and Gifted, Dallas ISD
• School of Science and Engineering, Dallas ISD
• DeKalb Elementary School, DeKalb ISD
• Terrell Elementary School, Denison ISD
• Devers Elementary School, Devers ISD
• Springlake-Earth Elementary/Junior High School, Springlake-Earth ISD
• Garden City Elementary School, Glasscock County ISD
• Grand Prairie Collegiate Institute, Grand Prairie ISD
• Gruver Elementary School, Gruver ISD
• Gruver Junior High School, Gruver ISD
• Happy High School, Happy ISD
• Kerr High School, Alief ISD
• Saint Cecilia Catholic School, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
• Saint Vincent de Paul Catholic School, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
• St Anne Catholic School, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
• Early College High School at Midland College, Midland ISD
• Muleshoe High School, Muleshoe ISD
• St. John The Apostle Catholic School, Diocese of Fort Worth
• Smyer Schools, Smyer ISD
• Somerset Elementary School, Somerset ISD
• Sonora Secondary School, Sonora ISD
• Three Rivers Elementary School, Three Rivers ISD
• Valley Mills High School, Valley Mills ISD
• Vega Elementary School, Vega ISD
• Nursery Elementary School, Nursery ISD
• Wink Elementary School, Wink-Loving ISD
Congratulations to all the schools, but especially DeKalb Elementary School. An achievement they should all be very proud of.