‘East Texas Giving Day’ is Tuesday, April 26 – Help All You Can
'East Texas Giving Day' is this, Tuesday, April 26, 2022, and there are 24 participating Bowie and Miller County nonprofits hoping to benefit from your generosity. East Texas Giving Day is an 18-hour giving event that takes place virtually at EastTexasGivingDay.org. Participation is easy, donors simply go online and donate $10 or more from any device that can access the internet including; desktop computers, mobile phones or tablets.
“Great things can happen when we all work toward a common goal,” said Holly McFarlin, Public Relations Director of East Texas Communities Foundation. “Giving Day provides that magic spark needed to unite us. Every financial donation and volunteer hour pledged is a catalyst for good in our community.”
Many of the Bowie and Miller County nonprofits are receiving matching funds from community partners. Combined, they have over $200,000 in matching funds available through the East Texas Giving Day website. All match amounts on the giving day website are dollar-for-dollar matches. Donors that give before midnight on April 26th, to an organization that has a match, have the opportunity to double their donation when processed through the giving day website.
“Unlocking these matching funds is critical to the nonprofits,” said McFarlin. “Donors in Texarkana have a unique opportunity to double their impact thanks to these very generous partnerships.”
Ongoing updates about the event will be posted on ETCF’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/SimplifiedGiving and the giving day website easttexasgivingday.org.
Bowie & Miller County charities participating in the April 26th event include:
- Runnin’ WJ Ranch
- Texarkana Resources for the Disabled, Inc.
- HandsOn Texarkana
- Hospice of Texarkana, Inc.
- Literacy Council of Bowie and Miller Counties
- Northeast Texas Casa, Inc.
- Pleasant Grove ISD Education Foundation
- The Scholars of Texarkana
- United Way of Greater Texarkana
- For The Sake Of One
- Damascus Home of Redwater, Inc.
- St. James Day School
- Randy Sams Outreach Shelter
- Caddo Area Council
- Clay Eichler Memorial Fund
- Texarkana College Foundation
- Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council, Inc.
- Texarkana Symphony Orchestra
- Texas A&M University - Texarkana
- ArkLaTex 100 Club
- Evergreen Life Services
- Habitat for Humanity of Texarkana Inc
- Harvest Regional Food Bank
- Texarkana Regional Chorale
For more information click on EastTexasGivingDay.org.