Bowie County Sheriff’s Looking For Full-Time Jailers
The Bowie County Sheriff's Office is looking for qualified jailers, these are full-time opportunities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent (diploma or transcript)
- Must have a valid driver's license, social security card, and birth certificate
- Must be able to pass medical psychological and drug testing
- Must not have any convictions of jailable offenses
Examples of job duties:
- Book and release inmates
- Monitor inmates
- Handle confidential jail records
- Supervise in-house inmate work details
- Jailer $29,120.00
- Sergeant $42,075.24
- Lieutenant $44,360.70
- Captain $48,495.61
- Major $55,929.70
Salary is paid on the 1st and 15th of each month.
Schedule 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. - 2 days on 3 days off, 3 days on 2 days off. Every other Friday through Sunday off.
Qualified applicants can apply as follows:
Electronic Applications must be saved as a PDF and sent to Roger.McDonald@bowiecounty.org
Applications are also located in the lobby at;
105 West Front Street
Texarkana Texas 75501
There is an application drop box located under the counter. The recruiter will review and set up your interview time.
For more information contact the Bowie County Sheriff's office at 903-280-3779.