Mardi Gras on Front Street 2019
- Front Street Plaza
- 400 East Front Street, Texarkana, AR 71854 United States
7th annual Mardi Gras on Front Street
Kids Area: bounce houses, mask making, face painting, Selfie Station, Cornhole/washers/horseshoes
Craft and food vendors—applications download at www.mardigrastexarkana.com and payment of various booth fees
- Mardi Gras Shoebox Floats: Contest open for all age groups and categories - amateur to professional. Each category will be judged and prizes will be awarded. You can download rules, information and entry forms below. For more information on what a shoebox float is and how to make them, click on these links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRZmn9Ii1BY or https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+make+a+shoebox+float
Beast Feast: cooking competition fundraiser event by Harvest Regional Food Bank. Beast Feast at Mardi Gras will feature competitors cooking venison, wild game, quail, duck, alligator, rabbit etc.
Competitors will be competing for prizes and bragging rights and visitors can sample their entries. Because Beast Feast is right before Lent when meat is to be given up during Lent, we've perfectly timed our Beast Feast. You can download information and entry forms for the Beast Feast here.
- 11am - Krewe of Barkus, Meoux and Little Rascals: pets and kids of all ages to enter and can include decorating wagons, bikes, strollers, tricycles, and wheelchairs
- 1pm - Zany Cajun Parade: golf carts, side by sides, atv’s
- 3pm - Krewe of Koinonia Parade: Mardi Gras floats, antique and classic vehicles
Applications can be downloaded at www.mardigrastexarkana.com
Date and Time
Saturday, March 2, 2019 between 10am and 5pm.
Front Street in Downtown Texarkana
Lagniappe (a little something extra) visit Festival Plaza in Texarkana Ar for Mardi Gras +
- Hopkins Icehouse
- Pecan Point Brewery
- The Verona
- Red Bone Brewery
- 1894 Gallery
- Four States Auto Museum
- Lindsey Railroad Museum
- Ace of Clubs
- Discovery Children’s Museum
- Ahern House
- Silvermoon on Broad
- Pocket Park
- Farmers Market
- Perot Theatre
- The Flying Crow and more
If you would like to be a sponsor, contact Andi Darby at 870-772-3771 or send her an email.
Below is a list of our current sponsors and exhibitors for this year's event.
VIP Beer Garden Sponsor
Bounce House Sponsor
Official After Party Sponsor