Texarkana Texas City Council to Set Tax Rates
The Texarkana Texas City Council meets tonight at 6PM at City Hall, and taxes will be one of the agenda items.
The council will vote on setting the tax rate for the fiscal year, which begins on October 1.
Here is the complete agenda for this evening’s meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER JEAN MATLOCK
III. MAYOR’S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, September 25, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, October 9, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, October 23, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Governor’s Small Business Forum Meeting: Thursday, October 26, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Texarkana Convention Center
Parks & Recreation Events: September 16th Softball Tournament Karrh Park September 22nd -24th Fall Softball Showcase Karrh & Wallace Parks September 30th Alzheimer’s Alliance Walk Spring Lake Park For a complete list of Parks & Recreation activities and information call 903-798-3978
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC (LIMIT 5 MINUTES EACH) Items scheduled for “Public Hearing” or have been heard at a previous “Public Hearing” are not to be addressed at the “Open Forum.
V. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on August 28, 2017 at 6:00 PM.
2. Consider approval of the minutes of the Special Meeting of the City Council held on September 5, 2017 at 6:00 PM.
3. Ordinance No. 2017-101 approving the cancellation of the November 7, 2017 general election for a Council Member for Ward Two (2), a Council Member for Ward Three (3), and a Council Member for Ward Five (5) as all candidates are unopposed. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: September 11, 2017
4. Resolution No. 2017-080 adopting collective bargaining for fire fighters. Public Hearing: August 14, 2017 Second Briefing: August 28, 2017 Council Vote: September 11, 2017
5. Ordinance No. 2017-081 amending the budget estimate of the revenues and expenditures for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2017 and adopting the budget and appropriating resources for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2017 and ending September 30, 2018. Public Hearing: August 14, 2017 Second Briefing: August 28, 2017 Council Vote: September 11, 2017
6. Ordinance No. 2017-084 fixing the tax rate and levy in and for the City of Texarkana, Texas, for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018 upon all taxable property in the City of Texarkana, Texas. Public Hearing: August 28, 2017 Second Public Hearing: September 5, 2017 Council Vote: September 11, 2017
7. Resolution No. 2017-085 ratifying the recently adopted budget that contains a property tax rate that raises more total property taxes than the previous year. Public Hearing: August 28, 2017 Second Briefing: Council Vote: September 11, 2017
VI. FIRST BRIEFINGS
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
VIII. SECOND BRIEFING WITH UPDATES
IX. SECOND BRIEFING WITHOUT UPDATES
X. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION Staff Updates
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff