Texarkana Texas City Council Meets This Evening
The Texarkana Texas City Council meets for the first time in the month of April this Monday evening April 9 starting at 6PM at Texas side City Hall.
Here is the agenda for the evening's meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER JEAN MATLOCK
III. MAYOR'S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, April 23, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, May 14, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (Due to Memorial Day holiday)
TAMU-T Big Event: City-wide projects to include neighborhood clean-ups, community garden, parks department projects will be held Saturday, April 14th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
Rosehill Annual Celebration: This 2018 celebration will be held at Tiger Stadium at Grim Park on Saturday, April 21st from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events:
April 14th City of Texarkana, Texas Wellness Walk 5K Spring Lake Park
April 14th USSSA Softball Tournament Wallace Park
April 14th USSSA Baseball Tournament Spring Lake Park
April 14th FASA Softball Tournament Karrh Park
April 21st Dixie Baseball Tournament Spring Lake Park
April 21st Community Yard & Electronic Recycle Spring Lake Park
April 21st Hands On Texarkana Dragon Boat Races Bringle Lake
Certified Annual Financial Report for fiscal year ending September 30, 2017, by Holliday, Lemons & Cox Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC (LIMIT 5 MINUTES EACH) Items scheduled for "Public Hearing" or have been heard at a previous "Public Hearing" are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum".
V. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on March 26, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
2. Resolution No. 2018-037 amending the 2018 council meeting schedule. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: April 9, 2018 Action Items
3. Consideration and possible adoption of Council meeting rules, order of business, and open forum procedures. Highlights for possible adoption
4. Ordinance No. 2018-030 establishing a new chapter in the Code of Ordinances - Chapter 21 "Alcoholic Beverages". Public Hearing: March 12, 2018 Second Briefing: March 26, 2018 Council Vote: April 9, 2018
5. Resolution No. 2018-039 approving the preliminary budget calendar for fiscal year 2019. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: April 9, 2018
VI. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Resolution No. 2018-035 authorizing City Staff to proceed with necessary work for major street maintenance projects for Fiscal Year 2018. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: April 9, 2018
2. Ordinance No. 2018-036 authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with the SWEPCO Commercial Standard Offer Program and to amend the budget expenditures for Fiscal Year 2018 to include additional General Fund expenditures of One Hundred Twenty Thousand Three Hundred Dollars ($120,300) for the purchase of 256 LED street light fixtures from Dealers Electric. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: April 9, 2018
3. Resolution No. 2018-038 approving the City of Texarkana, Texas Water Conservation & Drought Contingency Plan. Public Hearing: April 23, 2018 Second Briefing: May 14, 2018 Council Vote: May 29, 2018.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2018-032 rezoning an approximate 0.85 acre tract of land in the George Brinlee HRS, A-18, located at 3320 Robin Lane. Single Family-1 to Two Family-2. Brandon Taylor and Brad Meador, under contract to purchase. Dennis Schafer, agent. Public Hearing: April 9, 2018 Second Briefing: April 23, 2018 Council Vote: May 14, 2018
VIII. SECOND BRIEFING WITH UPDATES
IX. SECOND BRIEFING WITHOUT UPDATES
X. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff
XII. CLOSED SESSION The City Council will convene into closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.087 - Deliberation Regarding Economic Development Negotiations.
XIII. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION