‘Enhanced Concealed Carry’ Class to be Offered at U of A – Hope
An enhanced concealed carry class will be offered on Saturday, March 17 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the U of A Hope campus in the Technical and Industrial Building, room 160. The enhanced concealed carry license will provide gun owners with a concealed carry license with the additional training needed to carry their weapons into some public buildings where weapons are currently prohibited. The course instructor is Chuck Key, and the fee is $175.
Where you can and can't carry with the Enhanced License are listed below, keep in mind that is the short version, a more in-depth explanation is available here.
With the Enhanced Conceal Carry here's where you can carry:
- Restaurants that serve alcohol (unless signs are posted)
- Church (unless signs are posted)
- Public university, college (with some conditions) (cannot store gun in dorm)
- Publicly owned building or facility
- Municipal airport (outside of TSA security or federally controlled areas)
- Polling place
- Capitol and any meeting with lawmakers
- Athletic event
Here's where you cannot carry:
- Administrative hearing conducted by state agency
- K-12 public school
- Department of Corrections (jail/prison)
For more information or to register, call 870-722-8162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.