Countdown To Sparks in the Park on Saturday, June 24
Are you ready to watch the sky light up with fantastic fireworks? Sparks in the Park is just days away. We have a lot of fun things to do starting at 4PM on Saturday, June 24. Kids play area, live entertainment, games, contests and food.
The annual Sparks in the Park is at the Four States Fairgrounds in Texarkana, Ark. We have something for everyone in the family to enjoy.
Here are a few of our fun contests to get into. Be sure to download the entry forms before the event because many of them require pre-registration and the rules are also on the above link.
- Costume Contest: Wear your best patriotic outfits with lots of red, white and blue. kids/families/groups. Sponsored by Robbins Toyota. Click here for rules and entry form. Entry deadline is 7PM at the Robbins Toyota tent. Winners will receive:
Kids 12 and under—Bag of toys
Kids 13 and older—Family 4-pack of tickets to Hurricane Harbor
Family—Family 4-pack of tickets to Six Flags
Group—El Chico gift certificates
- Strollers and Rollers (wagons too) Contest: Get the babies into the costume contest by dressing up their strollers with red, white and blue. This event is sponsored by Robbins Toyota. Click here for rules and entry form. Entry deadline is 7PM at the Robbins Toyota tent. Winners will receive: Bags of toys for each category!
- Photo Contest: If you love to take photos, this is the contest for you. Get ready to snap pictures until your fingers are numb. Click here for contest rules and guidelines. Winners will receive: Four States Fair Prize Package including Demolition Derby and Rodeo Tickets!
- Ice Cream Eating Contest: Sign up at the AG Learning Center.
- Seed Spitting and Oreo Stacking Contests: Check in at the Townsquare Media booth for information on these contests. Winners will receive: Bags of toys for the kids and Car wash coupons for the adults!
Kid’s Fun Activities – 4PM til Dark
- Giant Sandbox—15 yards of fun–sponsored by Red River Credit Union
- Bounce Houses from Astro Jump
- Red River Army Depot tanks/trucks—climb and explore
- Climbing Wall—sponsored by TAMU-T
- AG Learning Center—cool off with educational exhibits
- Finley’s Barnyard—cutest animals in the four states
- Kiddie Train—ride in style sponsored by Amtrak
- Face Painting and Patriotic Tattoos
- Cooling Misters
- Bean Bag Toss—sponsored by the Texas Elks Lodge
- Hot Wheels/Cool Rides Cruisin’—Extreme trucks from Lead Foot Mud Drags and The Punisher Monster Truck, mustangs, corvettes, jeep junkies, imports & antique cars.
- Games: Texas Cornhole, Horseshoes, Washboards—sponsored by 180
- FitnessJunior Firefighters Challenge from 6PM to 7:30PM by Texarkana Arkansas Fire Department
- Darby Games from 6:30-8:30PM—Hula Hoops, 3-legged races, sack races, bubble gum blowing, water balloon toss, beach ball bonanza, egg run–sponsored by MetroPCS
Sparks in the Park is a family-fun event where there is something for everyone to enjoy. Get fair food and beverages while the kids play games to win prizes. Listen to local artists perform on the stage then get ready for the fireworks show that begins at 9:30PM.
Entertainment on the BlackCat Stateline Fireworks Stage
- Opening Ceremonies at 6PM
- Live Music at 6:30PM
- Contest winners announced at 7:45PM
- Live Music at 8PM
Exhibitors Booths to Visit
- First Aid Center—sponsored by Exceed Urgent Care
- Vietnam Veterans Association
Fireworks start at 9:30PM
Please remember the rules: No alcohol, personal coolers, pets or personal fireworks will be permitted on the fairgrounds.
Four States Fairgrounds is located at 3700 East 50th Street, Texarkana, Ark. Gates open at 4PM and events last until the fireworks begin around 9:30PM.
Traffic route information: