Things You Don’t Know About Slash!
Slash, who’s currently on tour and just announced his own Slasher Film company at the Sundance Film Festival, recently got personal with UsMagazine.com, and put this list of “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” down:
1. The first instrument I ever played was the drums. I was the little drummer boy in a school production of 12 days of Christmas in Stoke-on-Trent, England, when I was 5 years old.
2. I watch SpongeBob SquarePants.
3. I’m a cat lover.
4. I’m an avid dinosaur and pinball machine collector. I’m a bit of a pack rat.
5. I love building Legos with my kid.
6. I have candy and chocolate stashed in the house that I secretly get into.
7. I am five years clean and sober.
8. I’ve flat-lined three times (that I know of).
9. I’m also a non-smoker. But I’m addicted to coffee (the stronger the better — Cuban is my favorite).
10. I have no middle name.
11. I have an internal defibrillator in my heart. Don’t do drugs and alcohol — I’m living proof!
12. I don’t eat anything from the sea.
13. I’m a “semi-pro” race car driver.
14. I’m a huge movie buff.
15. I’ve started my own horror film production company called Slasher Films.
16. I refused to use a computer until around eight years ago.
17. When I was 7, I changed my name from Saul to Mark but I changed it back to Saul.
18. I was nicknamed Slash because I was always running around (slashing).
19. I get freaked out watching surgery shows.
20. I hate reality TV. But I love cooking shows and documentaries.
21. I don’t know how to cook.
22. I’m not Jewish! I’m 1/2 black, 1/2 British. I’m a proud dual citizen (American and British).
23. One of my favorite tracks on my album Slash is a song I did with Adam Levine called “Gotten.”
24. I have a pet anaconda named Sam.
25. If I didn’t live in the U.S., I’d live in Spain.
(You can check out the entire article here.)